I was driving home form gymastics this past Thursday and I saw something that was life changing.
I have to say right off I am NOT a texter!
Back to the story...
I saw a women texting in her car and narrowly missing a child and her mom crossing a street. All because she could not wait five minutes to text?? The sad thing is she was not even aware that she had just missed taking someone's live with her two ton black tahoe. I hope this story inspires someone to stop texting while driving today. Texting & driving do not mix!
It would be like my non texting self saying to you, "It's ok I can write a college paper and drive at the sametime~ not a problem!". Does that not sound CRAZY to everyone? Well, that's how CRAZY texting while operating a car sounds to me.
My poor older daughter was feeling ill and just as I had gotten her comfortable in bed with ice pack (fever and headache), tylenol and a trash can with at towel under it~ my Paige is awake and wants to nurse. Husband takes sick one and I tend to the little trouble maker! All is better now everyone is fast asleep. See it's true a savy mama can do more before 6 AM than the army does all day!
The Five Things Every Savy Mama Should Carry In Said Purse
Small H2O bottle~ simple really, a drink, a sink to rinse really messy hand or clean off boobos and when empty it can be used as an emergency potty~ only for boys!
Zip Lock Bag~ just one will do but more is better~ this will hold a diaper with a wiff of unpleasentness, secure tiny lego pieces, used to collect tags on the floors of Target or any other retail establishment that you frequent if you have that type of kiddo that loves to collect tags etc..
Pen & Paper~ writing lists, jotting down directions, old fashion game of hangman, dot game or tic~tac~toe... much better and more entertaining than portable screen games trust me!
Mints~ fresh breath is a must and quick snack for hungry tummies.
Chapstick~ fixes dry lips and can be used to lube up any toy that is squeaky or if you are like my littlest one it becomes a version of slimy playdough~ toddlers are much more creative than you give them credit for!
It is amazing how many fantastic things happen when you have little one's under toe. The best part of my day is waking up and discovering what the day will bring. Never a dull moment!
Raider Land
-
Backing up a bit...We took the boys to a Texas Tech game last weekend. It
was fun going to Lubbock and seeing Raider Land for ourselves. I think
Judd is...
IT'S OUR LAST FULL WEEK!
-
Vocabulary Unit 15 - test on Friday before Fun Day!
1. absorb - to soak up or take; to keep the attention of
2. amateur - someone who does something ...
No comments:
Post a Comment