Make Your Car a Text Free Zone!

I was driving home form gymastics this past Thursday and I saw something that was life changing.

I have to say right off I am NOT a texter!

Back to the story...

I saw a women texting in her car and narrowly missing a child and her mom crossing a street. All because she could not wait five minutes to text?? The sad thing is she was not even aware that she had just missed taking someone's live with her two ton black tahoe. I hope this story inspires someone to stop texting while driving today. Texting & driving do not mix!



It would be like my non texting self saying to you, "It's ok I can write a college paper and drive at the sametime~ not a problem!". Does that not sound CRAZY to everyone? Well, that's how CRAZY texting while operating a car sounds to me.

Just plain dangerous!















Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

Funny, When it Rains it Pours...

Funny things kids say:
"Sexy Chic" is a new song on the XM station that I listen to. My reading child sees this song tittle flash accross the screen of my car radio and blurts out, "Sexy Chic, ugh!" What does that mean I ask? "Mom", says the nine and a half year old "I don't think you understand what sexy means." I say your right can you elaborate?? J says, "Well, its like I forgot. Nope I remember now. It's like when you think a girl is really hot!" And he turns to his middle sister and says, "Mom has NO idea what hot means... like when a boy wants to kiss a girl." I had to hold in the laughter! Yeah, I told J "What's kissing anyway?" J says see told yah! My middle one says kissing is gross! I say what every level headed mom would.."Yes, it is gross and when you start dating boys for the first time in your 30's you can kiss a boy." She says NEVER!! I'm thinking lets keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment